Monday, February 10, 2014

Duck Duck GEESE!

It only took forever but I got my geese made for Star Light Star Bright QAL

This was my first time ever making flying geese. I just want to pass on a tip to newbies. Do NOT make a new block with a new technique while using a brand spanking new foot. I made these with a new clear 1/4 foot. It did not go well. Lots of ripping and swearing. I think I will try the no waste method again but not in a 'time sensitive' project. For myself if I feel like I am on a deadline then I get crazy frustrated at not having things done ASAP. It's a personal quirk! 



On a side note I got the bosses quilt done and bound this weekend. The binding and I got into a fight but in the end I won lol. I quilting it along all the zig zags and then sitd on the vertical seams. 

Y'all have a good day. Lu and I are gonna watch Brave. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am sorry to hear there was reverse sewing going on. That is never fun. Way to stick with it though and get them all done. They look absolutely fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I appreciate you taking some time for me. :)