Monday, December 16, 2013

Woo Woo!!


Y'all see that!?!?  Oh yeah that is my in a rut omg what was I thinking I hope it's ok freak out send anxiety through the roof quilt!!! And it's DONE!! I hope Gram likes it. There's a whole lotta sweat and tears in this quilt with just a splash of blood cuz I had to hand sew a few binding spots. 

There are a lot of things I learned making this quilt. 
-Do not buy Joann's jelly rolls. The cutting is atrocious. 
-Chain piecing is my friend. Heck even my BFF! 
-Take more time to SLOWLY baste the quilt sammich. 
-Starch rocks and IRON IRON IRON!

This quilt definately was a test for myself as a beginner quilter. I learned a lot, hated the quilt more and more as time went on. Because of this quilt I am going to make a New Years Quiltsolution. 

-I want to take time to better my basic skills. 
-Learn to hand sew binding. 
-Practice FMQ. 
-Make a Swoon quilt. 

It's just over a week till Christmas. The final countdown. If posting is sparse it's cuz I'm chained to my sewing machine trying to make some last minute presents. 

Hope y'all have a good week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I appreciate you taking some time for me. :)