Sunday, October 27, 2013

Practice makes perfect

It's a busy weekend here. My niece had a birthday party yesterday and that was an all day affair in itself. Nothing like an entire day devoted to celebrating a four year old. She had a blast and so did us grown ups. 

I also managed to squeeze in some mall time with my sister in law. Of course that involved a trip into Joann's. I know that commercial big box stores are a iffy subject for sewists. My stance is that for certain things I am picky on fabric but I am also an amateur so I would rather practice using cheaper fabric because I would be racked and tormented with buyers guilt for ruining my expensive fabric. That being said you can find some really nice stuff at Joann's especially for their nursery prints. Which of course is where I go because I LOVE making quilts and wubbies for babies and small kids. 

Any hoo. I get to make a basic two pieces of fabric an batting quilt for my sister in law to give to her friend. This was a fun adventure. She was in the just pick something omg the choices lane and I was in the omg look at how neat pointing here there everywhere lol. So compromise was needed. We found a super pretty muted lady bug fabric for the top, a nice bright yet not glaring flower pattern for the back and to tie it all together a nice yellow for binding. I am excited. Simple basic wubbies are right up my aisle. 

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the amazing talent people have when it comes to quilts but nine times out of ten my eye will go and ogle a basic patch work quilt. Simple lines and simple squares makes my heart go pitter patter. 

Ok enough weekend rambling. I hope y'all enjoy your Sunday. I've got a little girl soon ready for a nap and gorgeous fabric sandwich to make. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I appreciate you taking some time for me. :)