So this is my take on a disappearing nine patch. Kind of flows along with how these last few weeks have been. Slightly normal with a dash of crazy. :)
I used Emily Taylor's Vintage Verona line for Riley Blake. I love the prints and the colors. That green and navy really caught my eye.
I love me a disappearing nine patch but I needed something just a smidge off...so instead of cutting straight through the middle row of squares I cut on the diagonal and started firing pieces together. I had zero plan and really didn't tweak anything once it was paired up. It wasn't till it was on the wall that I made just a tiny effort to keep the centers from looking like a single block. Other than that it was a free for all of placing blocks.
I'm still hunting for a back. I have some yardage here but it's not really meshing with my thoughts so I am waiting for backing.
On another note. I have a severely sick toddler. She has a massive ear infection. Like her fifth or sixth this year. So now with that and her lack of speaking we will be heading to a specialist to really give her ears a good lookie loo and see if she needs tubes in her ears. If anyone has ever had to deal with this please feel free to send some info or advice my way. I don't know anything about having tubes put in or how much her infections really are effecting her speech or anything really. All I know is that I want my sickie to be all better. I'd much rather the terrible twos instead of angry sick baby! :)