Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wip Wednesday :)


I really need to get better pictures of this quilt. I love it though. It was quilting to look like rows of hst on the back and it just tickles me to see it. This is probably the first quilt where the back makes me just as happy as the front. 

I also have two huge projects in the works. First is Lu's birthday gift. I am chain piecing all those pesky corner squares. I'm going in a wonky assembly like style. I have been chain piecing two or three sets then trimming them and then I will press and trim those to size. That way it makes me feel like I am actually getting somewhere by having stacks of finished blocks standing by. 

My other project is for my mother in law. 

This is the quilt she designed. It's based off of a background quilt from Six Feet Under. If you look closely you will see that there is some technical difficulty involved. Half seams or whatever they are called. Needless to say I am worried. However I know that even if I have to add a seam for piecing those giant blocks together that the quilting will follow that basket weave pattern so that pesky seam will not be noticeable. Especially since we are using a gorgeous batik background. Now I just need to get over my fear of disappointing her. This is her design and her baby I'm just the person doing the sewing. :)

Y'all have a great day. I have the terrible twos hitting my house hard so you better have a better day than I will :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I appreciate you taking some time for me. :)