Friday, March 28, 2014

Hey Spring!!! Where are you?!?

Im over the cold. Beyond over it. I don't know where y'all are at but here in central Pennsylvania  the weather has just been atrocious. Bitter cold winds that make poor Franklin dread going outside. Winds that make the cats go bananas because leaves are blowing all over the deck and of course they have to catch them. We all know cold weather brings in germs. Those germs have infested Lu and Chaz and knock on a whole tree not me. 

**You know I'm going to get a raging cold now that I said that. Too late to delete the thought**

Despite the cold and grumpiness that has inhabited as well I have gotten some stuff done. Most of a birthday quilt is put together. One more row to sew and then a couple rows to press and add it all together and voila a top. I'm going to look for backing this weekend. Hopefully I can find a bright orange sheet. 

I also started working on some granny square blocks. 

It's not the greatest picture and I'm feeling a smidge lazy this morning to snap a pic of the two blocks I made up. You'll have to tune in later :) 

I'm using a jelly roll of Denyse Schmidt's Ansonia line. The background is Kona black. Man oh man does that fabric ever pop like a bright light with that black background. I can't wait to show you some more blocks. They are seriously tickling my fancy whipping those up. 

Y'all have a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I appreciate you taking some time for me. :)