Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mommy/Quilter

Two posts in one day.


😱

So most of y'all know I have a toddler. Lulu Aka Rambo. She is pure joy to parent 99% of the time. Then there are days where I feel like I spend more time thinking about what I should be working on versus working.

Today is that day. Lately she has been on a no nap kick. My day starts at 5:30 am. Hers starts at 6. Usually she takes a nap between 9 and 10. No such luck today. The upside is that I can work when she goes to bed which will be earlier than normal because I don't have a death wish. Lol

I made some progress though on my wall hanging project. The last few days have been fixing a huge issue. Broadcloth is just yuck when it gets mixed up with a Kona solid. So I have to rip apart all my blocks. Re cut my pieces and today has been sewing them all back together. Then because I am sooo awesome at math (feel the sarcasm lol) I have to recut the next pieces. Then it is ready to put together. Finally!!! Hopefully by this weekend it is ready to quilt.

I also managed to get some Kona pieces put together to make myself an iPad cover. I use THIS tutorial. I do think that I am going to make a minor tweak though. Just widen the top pieces so it closes over the whole top. I'm not sure yet though.

Now back to Shrek, laundry and cleaning. My assistant and I are on a cleaning mission since she won't nap today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I appreciate you taking some time for me. :)