Friday, January 3, 2014

Still here!

We got hit with the Christmas plague. Fun fun fun. 

Chaz is away till tomorrow :( so my toothless wonder doggie is in bed with me. A rare treat for him because his tiny heinie grow to the size of a Great Dane in bed. But he is my buddy when Chaz is gone and can't be my normal furnace. 

Here is my year in review. 

In January I bought my first sewing machine and made my first quilt. It currently graces my darling nieces bed. 

I learned how to make some small clothing items for Lu. 
Awww she was so little then. My baby girl. 

I made three doll quilts for three special girls for Christmas. 
That quilt was gifted to my step dads father. He is an amazing man and made his last step stool for Lu. Something she will have forever. 



My simple Easter quilt. Still waiting to be sammiched and quilted. 

My valentines quilt. Waiting for me to find backing and to be quilted. 

This year was crazy in the best way. I learned so much from various bloggers and because of them became a better quilter. I fell in love with designers and now have a hoarding stash of Anna Maria Horner fabric for Lu and some Tula Pink and Amy Butler fabric I will pet for a while longer before cutting it. 

I have goals for this year. I want to get better at quilting basics. I want to make a swoon quilt. I want to make a quilt for Lu for her big girl bed. I want to make all my in laws a quilt. 

Most of all I want to work on myself. I want to become more focused on quilting as a hobby but get good enough to do a craft fair. I want to work on being the best almost spouse I can be for Chaz. I want to be the best mom I can be to Lu. Most of all I want to be a better person. 

May you all have an amazing 2014. I hope everyone is able to do everything they want. 

From me and Lu to you. May all your dreams come true. 💖







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I appreciate you taking some time for me. :)